Sunday 19 June 2011

Artist - Rosalie Gascoigne

Rosalie Gascoigne is an Artist who I think has influenced some of my own work. I like the roughness and the edge to her artworks. I like how she uses boards like I have and used text and has created a desired weathered look like I always tried to achieve.






Bascially her use of materials is what has influenced me the most. She has the ability to use simple materials and has given them character and edge to create what she wants in her artworks.

My favourite artwork would be White City by Gascoigne.



As I reflect both my artwork and Gascoigne's I can see a few similarities. The way she has used text, the colour red, light and dark shades of white, a weathered look and the way the boards all fit together.
In my artwork I used text which was the words fragile in the tape (the colour red) and also the screen prints I made of a diary entry and the word fragile. I used dark and light shades of white on my boards because of the way I used either gesso or white paint had an effect. And the length of time in how long I heated the boards for. This affected the colours end result. Either it was a very creamy colour or had mixed with slight black and became grey. Also the way the boards fit together in White City I had to cut some the boards to make them fit into the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment