Wednesday 20 July 2011

Proposal

In my next artwork I would like to conduct a series of experiments but also continuing on with what I left of with on my last artwork. I would like to use the theme "DO NOT TOUCH" as my phrase which will be incorporated into my text. As a subtitle to Do not Touch all my work will be about both delicate and brittle.


The experiments I will conduct will be influenced by the following artists on my blog. Such as Rosalie Gascoigne, Robert MacPherson and photographers such as Matilda Aslizaden who takes low key photos and others who have inspired me in my photographs.

The experiments will include..
-Taking photos of people with painted white cracked faces. Slip on face that cracks.
-Canvas on white boards (Heating, bindering, ripping, painting, cracking, sewn pieces)
-Text with the white boards (Text will be, diary entries, thoughts, phrases)
-Thick paint on canvas then heat gun and then it will begin to crack
-My photos: Wide angle Lens, heavy shadows, under exposed, subjects with cracked faces, lights and dark place.

Overall, just make heaps of everything.

1 comment:

  1. Jenna, a good use of research and artists to begin your process. A good proposal of your intended direction. You have collected some strong visuals-great.

    You need to find some ways to get stronger cracks- use the 'slip' the liquid clay I told you about.

    Get experimenting and keep me posted along the way.

    ReplyDelete